Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Summer heat

Some three months now. Time sure passes quickly. I got the first copy of my book, the summer is coming and stuff. I seem to be more intolerant to heat than before, I don't think it's the LDN, but residue from the prednisone - as compensation I'm much less sensitive to cold, which used to be a major culprit for me. I'm dehydrated all the time, and drinking doesn't help much, as I'm probably deficient in antidiuretic hormone.

The LDN makes me tan a lot more easily without making me burn easier. Not surprising really, as beta endorphins stimulate melanocytes (which in layman language means tanning). Not that I'm brown or anything, but usually I tan very little and burn easily.

My exercise tolerance hasn't really improved from what it was two months ago and hills are a pain, but my persistence has paid off and I've managed to lose pretty much all the weight I gained while on the pred. I still have a little paunch, but I can fit in every single one of my clothes again. Apparently my face has got a lot thinner in the past month (sadly my face has always looked somewhat chubby, even though I've been underweight for well over a decade).

The MSM doesn't seem to do that much at 6 grams a day, eg. my congestion is still there. Though now that I started large dose N-acetylcysteine it's gone except for the mornings. The NAC seems to improve my muscle endurance, even though it doesn't affect the overall fatigue.

I've started to use rhodiola more often, now that I noticed that yes,
it actually works quite well - it seems to work better on the LDN than before. I also started propolis today, when I noticed I could get three month's worth for some six euros. I still want to try creatine and olive leaf extract, but I'm trying to promise myself no more stuff after that (except for some prescriptions which I might get soon).

I can't really remember when I last had noticeable urticaria. It's not like it has been weeks, but it's becoming less and less frequent.

(Sorry for any odd linebreaks, Blogger's acting up again.)

No comments: