Saturday, May 5, 2007

Two months

Two months now, not much to add to my one-month update. I still can't walk uphill well at all and I still have quite a bit of cognitive issues despite the addition of piracetam, but many things I just couldn't have done before I can do now. I even did some laundry last week, one of the most killer activities. A few days ago I vacuumed my apartment though it required taking breaks. I haven't taken a single ibuprofen tablet in the last month. I've had two moderate headaches but magnesium has taken care of them. No lymphadenopathy for ages, and urticaria has been almost non-existent.

Muscle tension has bothered me quite a bit, I think mostly due to several nights of poor sleep, and carrying too much stuff. IBS has been nasty for a few days now and I've had some nausea, which has always been a very sporadic symptom for me. I haven't done very well the last two weeks, but it hasn't been about fatigue, but tiredness/"eye fatigue" and other things. Today I was feeling super tired to the point of feeling fluish, but two ginseng tablets alleviated it somewhat. I'm also having problems with temperature regulation, which doesn't feel like feverish chills and sweats, but as if the ambient temperature just changed even if it doesn't. I wish I didn't have so many different symptoms.

The other Finnish girl who was on LDN stopped it after a month or so because it didn't seem to be working for her. I do wish she'd have gone on a bit longer, but of course nothing works for everyone. But my Canadian friend is now sure that the LDN is working for him. He has results pretty similar to my own, eg. if he exercises some muscle group only the muscles get fatigued instead of getting general killer fatigue, which is just like my own experience. He says his doctor is considering trying it for other CFS patients, which would be awesome.

I'm going to see if I could get rid of the acetyl-L-carnitine (it's the most expensive supplement I'm taking) which I've reduced from 1 g to 500 mg a day, and gingko biloba, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I'm taking far too many things and I'd really like to try large-dose N-acetyl-cysteine for eg. my chronic congestion.

No comments: