Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Orkut and writing

I've set up an LDN community on Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=29921205. Note that the link doesn't work unless you're an Orkut member. And it's not worth it to join just for this. But in case anyone reading this is an Orkut member and interested in LDN... I've joined just about all Orkut communities for autoimmune illnesses, cancer and AIDS to spread the word.

On a sidenote, in the past 24 hours or so, I've written about four pages of a short story (the longest short story I've written since 1999 I think and the longest piece of fiction I've written since I finished my last novel in 2002 or 2003). It's strange to see it come out so easily.

I tried participating in "NaPoWriMo", a project where people try to write a poem a day for the whole of April. I failed miserably, I realized that I still have way too much cognitive dysfunction for that. And my brainfog doesn't really agree with writing articles or essays. But a certain kind of prose seems to be possible. It's thanks to LDN, but I also think due to the vitamin B12 lozenges. I haven't slept too well the past three nights, but the B12 seems to keep me more alert. Apparently it even helps many healthy people.

Now that my cognitive dysfunction is somewhat better it has helped me realize how bad it really was, and how bad it really is. I guess I've been somewhat in denial about it. I don't know how I got by at all, when my brainfog still seems to affect everyday living a lot.

My spleen or something nearby it seems to be slightly sore. I hope it's nothing of concern. My other lymph nodes are unusually un-sore, so I guess it's just a muscle cramp or something. Wildly theoretically it could be a broken rib, but I haven't done anything that could have broken a rib.

No comments: