Tuesday, March 6, 2007

An interesting night

...but not too bad. I took the first two 1.5 mg naltrexone capsules (I decided to start with 3.0 mg and soon ramp up to 4.5) at 11:45 PM or so. I went to bed at 1 and soon after I was hungry, even though I had eaten rye bread, an apple and an egg less than a hour before. I felt slightly anxious and my legs had this weird tremor/fasciculation as if they had been shivering, but they weren't. It wasn't very bothersome and I don't think that was restless legs, as I didn't feel inclined to move my legs. I was still awake at 2, but I think I fell asleep soon afterwards. It's not at all unusual that it takes me over an hour to fall asleep.

I woke up at 6 and for some reason I first thought I hadn't slept at all. Then I remembered a bunch of dreams. They were a bit disturbing and weird, but I actually had worse ones the night before. I felt a tiny bit achy as well. The real problem was that I had a killer hunger that prevented me from falling asleep. I had a piece of oat crispbread and that only helped a bit, it was as if my stomach was expecting a full blown meal in the middle of the night.

I fell asleep again anyway and woke up at 8:45 and couldn't fall asleep any more, about two hours before I'd normally get up. I feel a bit sleep deprived but other than that I actually feel good. IBS is there and my seborrhea is itching a bit, but can't feel any fatigue. We'll see whether that changes when I actually do something that should wear me out.

No comments: